Wednesday, October 12

Life Advice #1: Flirt Shamelessly


No, I don't mean the cute guy meets cute girl kind of flirting. I don't mean, 'do you think I'm pretty', 'don't you want to kiss me' flirting.
I mean, don't hold back words of love.
If you feel affection for someone, male or female, friend or family, express it.
I don't know how many times I've wanted to tell someone they're amazing and kept quiet because I thought they'd think I was being over the top, fake, weird, gooshy, flirty, or just an awkward scum who's terrible at expressing herself.
Honestly...
who cares? 
I am so done caring. I've been caring since I was seven and quite frankly I'm wearied of it.
I don't think we were put on this earth for such a short breath of time just so we could love people and then hold back. Words are powerful, guys. I want so badly to emphasize that. I might even have to write another post about it.
Look, it's true you can come off the wrong way by pouring words of affection and admiration on them. But that should never stop you. Be thoughtful; put yourself in their shoes and phrase it so that it will come across as genuine; you want them to hear only an open, artless compliment from the mouth of a friend. But if you overthink it and double guess yourself and hesitate, you'll end up sounding fake anyway, so in the end, just... say the kind words that are on your heart. Let them know they are loved. People need that. Even if 90% of people you compliment just get awkward and disturbed, it's worth it for the 10% whose day you absolutely made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment