Wednesday, October 12

How To Work Harder

It's so frustrating! I'm just not working hard enough. I know I can do better than this. How do I get myself working faster when I don't have the strength? How do I improve?

You need motivations. That's plural; but it only takes one hand to count them.

1) Purpose - Why am I even doing this? Does it matter? What's the significance? Is it meaningful?
2) Goal - When I'm on a long run, I've found that seeing the end of the jogging trail always gives me an extra burst of energy. This applies to all areas of life. Your eyes need to be fixed on not only the future, but the end. That will give you something to strive for and make the work worth it.
3) Drive - Who or what is compelling you? Sometimes our feet drag and we feel we need someone to literally push us from behind. This is what keeps you going even when it gets tough, when it hurts or you don't want to.
4) Urgency - A time limit. Anything from "I need to do this before I die" to "I need to do this before the day is over."
5) Focus - This requires self-control. That means not getting up for that snack, not taking that break, not allowing your thoughts to drift and not allowing more enjoyable things inhibit progress.


That being said; if you are the type of person who often gets told 'you work too hard,' 'you run people over' 'you act like work is more important than people':
First of all, join my sad club.
Second of all... I might need to write a future blog post for you?





No comments:

Post a Comment