Wednesday, January 13

Understand

She was always there for you. Supporting you, building you up, telling you you're better than you think. Whenever you felt yourself slipping she'd reach out and support you. What did you ever do for  her?

How do they make me feel so broken? Where did that love come from? It's so powerful. It binds us together so strongly that I die when they die. I weep when they weep. I feel what they feel. How did I get so close to them? It took no effort.
Why does it take so much effort to get close to my  characters? What am I doing wrong? It's such a fight to try to make everyone else understand what their going through. Does anybody feel it? Does anybody care?
They have their own stories. Broken hearts. Stories. Broken hearts.
And the words just don't come. How can I put something so abstract onto paper? How can I turn feelings into lines that bind people together the way my heart is bound to those characters?
Look at them. Look at what they've suffered. Why can't I open your eyes? How can I make you see what I see, feel what they feel?
They're human. Just like you. They're beautiful, perfect, broken things.

No comments:

Post a Comment