Monday, December 1

I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVE!!!

GAH!
That was me taking a huge breath after being underwater all month. What was I thinking? That was madness!
I knew it would be hard when I decided to participate in National Novel Writing Month, but by my beard, I must not have believed myself. This month I struggled to wrest some kind of plot from an already empty mind, to write on zero inspiration, and to resist the desperate, ever-growing urge to draw. I doubted myself, I doubted my characters, I questioned the purpose of my story and even the purpose of my life.
And what have I got to show for it? 20,900 words. Six chapters.








http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif
Optimist: Not bad! 
Pessimist: Failure!
Both sides of me are battling it out. I want to be disappointed that I didn't finish, but the truth is, it's okay. I'm still alive, I still love my novel, and it's still more or less functioning. And I've learned how to write even when I'm not inspired.
 I can still finish my novel. It doesn't have to be in a month. Thanks to my awesome friend http://elizabethlucymorgan.blogspot.com for her continual support, and to everyone who cheered me on. I couldn't do it without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment